Resolva Talent is assisting CataCap Management A/S (“CCM”) with the recruitment of a new Head of Legal.
CataCap is a private equity buy-out fund that as a proactive and dedicated owner invests in Danish SMEs with significant development potential. CataCap’s business model is to act as a catalyst for implementing sustainable step changes by means of a systematic and consistent approach to strengthening business development, operational processes and management development. This is done in active interaction with the management teams and employees of its portfolio companies.
CCM is growing and experiencing an increased need for in-house legal support within the corporate commercial and compliance areas. To tackle these increasing legal demands, CCM is looking for an ambitious and talented lawyer with knowledge of the PE-sector and a background as attorney-at-law (advokat) or cand.merc.jur. to take on a newly established role as Head of Legal.
As Head of Legal you will be responsible for providing legal support to management and colleagues at CCM in a broad range of legal areas including contracting, company establishments and changes, management incentive programmes, and compliance work related to alternative investment fund managers, GDPR etc. Further, you will be supporting and sparring with portfolio companies in relation to various legal issues, and you will be involved in managing outside counsel in relation to transactions and other larger projects.
If you excel in a dynamic environment within a lean and ambitious organisation, and you have the drive and the skills to take on these legal responsibilities, this might be the position for you.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AS HEAD OF LEGAL
Drive and take responsibility for legal support within the corporate commercial area:
One of your main responsibilities as Head of Legal will be to drive and take responsibility for legal support to CCM’s organisation in the following areas:
- Managing legal aspects of management incentive programs in CataCap’s portfolio companies, including drafting and implementing MIIP programmes, and managing legal matters and documentation related to participation and exits from these programmes.
- Reviewing, drafting & negotiating various types of commercial contracts, NDAs, service contracts, shareholder agreements etc. This task also includes proactively identifying the need for, and assisting with the creation of, new or improved contract templates.
- Managing legal aspects of limited partnerships, including reviewing and drafting limited partnership agreements and associated documentation.
- Liaising with the limited partners of CataCap in matters relating to legal and other aspects of their investment including certain parts of the quarterly investor reporting
- Advising on company law, including preparing and effectuating company incorporations, capital increases, management changes etc. and advising CCM’s management team on company law.
- Participating in, providing legal advice on, and preparing investments in and divestments of portfolio companies.
- Managing external counsel engaged to support CCM in relation to M&A and other major transactions.
Drive and take responsibility for legal compliance programs and activities:
An additional main responsibility will be to play a key role in managing CCM’s legal compliance, including especially:
- Developing, maintaining, and managing annual compliance activities related to CCM’s registration as alternative investment fund manager (AIFM).
- Monitoring developments in the legal requirements for AIFMs and engaging with the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority as necessary.
- Further developing and maintaining CCM’s GDPR compliance program and annual wheel and monitoring and analysing new privacy-related regulations.
- Ensuring that relevant company law requirements are complied with in the practices of the limited partnerships that CCM manages.
- Taking care of other relevant corporate compliance activities such as developing and reviewing policies and procedures for relevant business practices.
Finally, there will be a role to play in relation to CataCap’s portfolio companies both from a corporate commercial law perspective and from a compliance law perspective. This role may entail the provision of legal advice, legal assurance tasks, as well as coordination of external support to the portfolio companies.
|Education:||Master of laws degree and license to practice as attorney-at-law (advokat) or cand.merc.jur.|
|Work experience:||Minimum 5 years of post-graduate work experience preferably from the PE-sector or a law firm.|
|AIFM:||Practical experience from a law firm or an in-house position with advising on and implementing regulations for AIFMs.|
|Commercial law:||Practical experience from a law firm or an in-house position with drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.|
|International:||Experience with working in an international environment and proficiency in English and legal English as this is the language of CCM.|
|Commercial mind-set:||Sound business judgment with the ability to see the bigger picture, find practical solutions, and take decisions.|
|Initiative:||Pro-active with a natural inclination to take initiative and drive a process.|
|Collaboration:||Good ability to cooperate and establish relationships within the company and externally.|
|Communication:||Clear communicator with the ability to keep things clear and simple by finding the right balance between being detail oriented and structured.|
|Responsible:||Willing to take responsibility, set priorities, juggle multiple demands, and meet deadlines.|
CCM’s OFFER TO YOU:
This is a chance to become part of a part of a homogenous and ambitious family that values a friendly and informal tone, and where it is critical for everyone to feel supported and have fun at work while excelling in performance.
CCM is a lean and dynamic team that offers you to take initiative and make a tangible impact on CCM’s activities. The position offers an exciting opportunity to develop both your personal, legal and commercial competencies.
CCM offers you a competitive compensation package and flexibility in working hours that enables you to pursue an exciting and challenging legal career in combination with room for prioritising family and kids as well.
APPLICATION & CONTACT:
If you recognise the profile we are looking for in yourself and find this opportunity attractive please send your application along with exam papers to email@example.com or call Mikkel Falkenberg on tel: 29993065 to hear more about the position.