RESOLVA is assisting ISS with recruiting a senior IT/Technology Lawyer to join its growing Group Commercial Legal Team. This is your chance to set your mark in ISS and work closely with the newly recruited Legal Director for IT and Procurement.
As part of the ‘OneISS’ strategy, ISS aims to become a technology leader within its space and make technology, data and insights a clear competitive advantage and driver of future offerings. With the recent appointment of a new Chief Information and Digital Officer, ISS is accelerating its progress on the technology and innovation agenda. In the Commercial Legal Team you will play an important role in this transformational journey.
You will be handling complex and strategic IT contracts for the Group, including IT development, outsourcing, SaaS and other cloud services, licenses agreements etc. The workload will be varied and fast paced, and a key focus of the role is on contract drafting, contract interpretation and assisting the business with face-to-face negotiations. The role is globally focused, and you will be working closely with stakeholders from both the Group, as well as ISS’ country organizations. You will also have the opportunity to play a role in the simplification and standardization agenda of the Commercial Legal Team.
You will, as part of the procurement and contract management process, in particular be collaborating with Group Supply Chain & Procurement (GSC&P) and Global IT, Digitalisation and Services (GITDS).
- Provide commercial legal support towards ISS’ IT focused contracts:
- advise on SaaS and other cloud services, system acquisitions, software development, IT outsourcing, operation and other commercial and IT related subjects, such as intellectual property rights, open source, agile and waterfall development methodologies;
- advise on contractual aspects in general (contracts of delivery of products and services);
- support the business in identifying and assessing commercial legal risk issues and advising the business and all relevant stakeholders to ensure that risks are reduced, mitigated and factored into contract positions and financial business cases;
- contract drafting, including capturing the key commercial objectives in the IT contracts and other relevant matters/levers as SLAs, data privacy, IT data and security requirements, liability, payment terms, termination and exit etc.;
- identify and articulate compliance requirements;
- contract interpretation in helping the business to understand and enforce their contracts;
- navigate and advise on negotiation processes and support and provide guidance on transactional negotiations;
- provide hands-on negotiation assistance using skills and traits to close the deal by leveraging the dealmaker vs. advisor role, understanding the underlying concerns, driving towards commercial solutions etc.;
- navigate internal stakeholders and establish mandates, manage approval processes, sign-off and internal alignment meetings to drive towards one common view; and
- help to deliver training to relevant stakeholders.
- Build, manage and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders through effective influence.
- Provide support to ISS’ Legal standardization agenda and updating of ISS’ IT contract templates.
- Contribute to the continued shaping of the strategic direction and operation of the Commercial Legal function.
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in the IT industry.
THE IDEAL EXPERIENCE:
Education: You hold a Master’s degree in Law (cand.jur) or Business Law (cand.merc.jur) with at least 2-3 years of relevant experience post-graduation from a law firm and / or a legal department in an international company.
IT-law: You have knowledge and practical experience with IT-law and are possibly a certified IT-lawyer. Your experience may include working with large complex and strategic global IT outsourcing projects and exposure to advising on SaaS and other cloud services, system acquisitions, software development, operation and other commercial and IT related subjects such as intellectual property rights, open source, agile and waterfall development methodologies etc. Some experience in data protection is of advantage and EBA guidelines/outsourcing within the financial sector.
Contracts: You have in-depth experience with contracts/contract drafting and with advising commercial parties about contracts and participating in contract negotiations.
Stakeholder management: You bring with you a sound judgment and well-developed influencing skills, together with the confidence to work with senior management across the business. You have the ability to balance the requirements of different internal and external stakeholders and can build strong relationships.
Business flair: You have a strong business understanding, and you are able to assimilate information quickly, get to the heart of a contract and help to advise the business not just on the legal and commercial aspects of any given deal, but on the project as a whole – thereby becoming a trusted advisor.
Team player and cooperation: You are a team player with a strong sense of humor and a service mindset. You have the ability to take ownership and lead a process and while demonstrating humility and mutual respect to individuals at all levels.
Communication: You have strong communication skills and working proficiency (verbal/written) in Danish and English and good general organizational, analytical and communication skills.
Hands-on: As an agile individual with a can-do approach who wants to learn and grow personally and professionally, you have a high work capacity and morale and a willingness to be very hands on when needed.
ISS’ VALUE PROPOSITION TO YOU:
At the beginning of September 2022, ISS launched a new Employee Value Proposition (EVP), which is called A Place to Be You – be who you are, become what you want and be part of something bigger. Since ISS’ founding in 1901, ISS has been a people-first company. ISS recognizes the power of diversity and celebrates the differences that make each person unique. When everyone is free to be themselves, everyone benefits.
ISS offers you a challenging and exciting career in an ambitious working environment characterized by high pace and drive. ISS has an open and informal culture founded on professionalism at all levels. The right person will have ample opportunity for personal and professional development and for building a large network of highly qualified colleagues and influential stakeholders. ISS offers you attractive working conditions, including a competitive salary, and a good work life balance.
The place of work is in ISS’ modern offices in Søborg.
APPLICATION & CONTACT:
If you recognise the profile we are looking for in yourself and find this opportunity attractive please submit your application with CV by clicking the button below or call Mikkel Falkenberg at RESOLVA on tel: +45 29993065 to hear more about the position.
We will be conducting interviews as applications come in on a continuing basis, so please send your application as early as possible.