RESOLVA is assisting Milestone with recruitment of a Senior Legal Counsel experienced in ESG.
Milestone is looking for an ambitious and talented professional with solid skills, experience, and interest within ESG. As Senior Legal Counsel, you will focus on supporting and working together with Milestone’s newly established Corporate Affairs Team. You will play a vital role in setting the overall ESG agenda for Milestone and will – together with the Corporate Affairs Team – have a special focus on e.g. Responsible Technology, Responsible Procurement and other ESG aspects of Milestone’s business. You will use your skills to communicate and set up operations and frameworks to embrace a reliability mindset, to maintain integrity and to live the Milestone Values. You will be part of ensuring that Milestone is not only doing what is legally required, but also what is right for Milestone and its stakeholders as Milestone develops and grows. You will support the organization in developing its ESG strategy and practices, mapping new relevant laws and regulations, and ensuring that such laws and regulations are implemented in alignment with the way Milestone operates. Further, you will draft and implement policies and guidelines, and provide training as needed.
To take on the role as Milestone´s Senior Legal Counsel, you need to be able to take ownership and be able to influence and build relationships at all levels. You must be flexible, good at taking initiatives, and have excellent communication skills. Further, you must have the ability to establish structure in an ever-changing environment. You are good with details and accuracy but have a sense of urgency. You possess a “can do” approach and you are able to prioritize a varied workload and demonstrate good time management in order to comply with deadlines. You are a strong team player, but you also enjoy working as an individual.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
As Milestone’s Senior Legal Counsel, you will drive and take responsibility for the Milestone Group’s ESG strategy. You will:
- Develop and implement our new ESG strategy
- Drive further development and implementation of a due diligence framework to support Milestone’s commitment to Responsible Technology and Responsible Procurement.
- Make recommendations and draft requirements for vendors, customers and partners related documentation and contracts.
- Monitor Milestone’s environmental, social and governance performance.
- Work closely together with our Corporate Affairs Team on interaction with different legislative bodies to understand new and future legislation within responsible technology.
- Develop and deliver training on relevant legal topics to Milestone’s business units.
- Develop and participate in workshops for defining policies and risks.
- Support the LCRM Team with other legal and compliance work.
Milestone is looking for a person with the following traits:
- Pro-active: Proactive with a natural inclination to take initiative and drive a process.
- Result oriented: Focused on delivering the best possible legal and commercial result with the given constraints and deadlines in mind.
- Fast-pace: Ability to work and thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced enviroment.
- Responsible: Willing to take responsibility, set priorities, juggle multiple demands, and meet deadlines.
- Workstyle: Competency to work independently and well-structured with the ability to deliver results into team projects. A hands on and can-do approach.
- Communication: Clear communicator with the ability to keep things simple by being able to find the right balance between being detail oriented and structured.
- Open minded: An open mind for understanding technical issues.
MILESTONE´S VALUE PROPOSITION:
When joining Milestone, you will become part of an international, fast growing, successful and respected company that offers a very good workplace where people come first. Milestone believes that in addition to its strong and exciting technology, its success is based on a dedication to putting people first – both internally and externally.
Milestone can offer you a workplace where you will be part of a team with skilled colleagues who are happy to help each other. There is a strong focus on developing new skills within the tech area and in a positive work environment within the organization. Milestone offers a competitive compensation package with various benefits. Employee job satisfaction and a good social atmosphere is a priority for Milestone and Milestone has a very active personnel club with a range of different events, a sports club, a gym, an in-house masseur, a reflexologist and an all-inclusive canteen.
APPLICATION & CONTACT:
If you recognise the profile we are looking for in yourself and find this opportunity attractive please apply here and include a resume and other relevant documentation. To hear more about the position, contact Mikkel Falkenberg on tel: 29993065.
Milestone is a highly successful company with a healthy growth as a market leading provider of open platform video management software. Based on an open platform, Milestone´s video management software enables integration with the industry´s widest choice in cameras and best-in-class business solutions. Its Video Management System (VMS) is open for other companies to integrate with when they build surveillance solutions, and thousands of partners in their community integrate and sell Milestone´s products as a well-recognized brand. Since starting up in Denmark in 1998, Milestone´s team has grown to include nearly 1,000 employees based in 25 countries. For 20 years, Milestone has been growing steadily and is now expanding its division for Legal, Compliance & Risk Management (LCRM). Today, Milestone is a standalone company in the Canon group and holds a number one market position worldwide. Milestone’s solutions are used in 500,000+ installations worldwide – with many more to come.
Milestone has a strong culture to support its spirit as an innovative and dynamic company where employees are the main source of success. Milestone has defined its values and its compass for behaviors to support its mutual respect policy and to reach its strategic goals which are communicated clearly to engage all employees.