RESOLVA is assisting Copenhagen Instrastructure Partners with the recruitment of a Manager.
CIP is looking for a talented corporate lawyer with solid experience with corporate and commercial law and, preferable, M&A transactions, financing and/or real estate law, to take on the position as Manager.
You will join a group of highly motivated colleagues with extensive experience within investments and delivery of energy infrastructure assets (offshore/onshore wind, solar, thermal and PtX). You will be offered a unique opportunity to work in a truly international and dynamic work environment and support a successful organization through an exciting and fast-paced growth phase.
As Manager, you will become part of the Legal Operations Team, which forms part of the Legal, ESG, Risk and Compliance team. The Legal Operations Team consists of 7 professionals, who are based in Denmark, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, and is headed by Director Ulrik Fenneberg.
Your main responsibility will be to provide general legal support to CIP’s funds and global offices and handling the legal operations, including funding, of a large number of legal entities in various jurisdictions in CIP’s fund structures. The support includes legal advice related to the establishment and structuring of funds, transactional projects (such as investments in infrastructure assets and various financing transactions), tasks related to corporate matters such as governance relating to the meetings of the investment committees of CIP managed funds, various commercial contracts, corporate governance and real estate matters (including in particular leasing) relating to CIP’s offices globally.
CIP is looking for a legal profile who thrives and is capable of navigating in a fast-paced and high-performance environment and has a strong drive and commercial mindset that enables an independent and business focused support to the organization. You have a hands-on approach along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details while at the same time being able to advise in a broader context.
The role is based in Copenhagen but will support offices, projects and project companies globally.
Areas of responsibilities
- Providing internal stakeholders with legal advice and guidance with respect to a broad range of applicable legal, regulatory and contractual requirements related to the operations of the funds across CIP’s offices, including advising on:
- Investments and other transactional projects, including legal requirements and documentation
- Regulatory matters, including contractual compliance
- Establishment, structuring and funding of legal entities in various jurisdictions (supported by local external legal counsel), and on matters related to onboarding of investors
- Corporate law, including advising on general business law and managing the legal issues of CIP
- Supporting on the decision processes of investment committees, including ensuring the quality, relevance and consistency of decision proposals, presentations and minutes of meetings.
- Ensuring good corporate governance (reporting, conducting officer’s meetings, board meetings, investor committee meetings etc.), at fund level and at project company level.
- Assisting on commercial real estate matters, in particular in relation to leasing, including assisting with the documentation and advising on regulatory matters.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts and other documentation.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaising with external advisors, when needed, and ensuring that services delivered meet business demands.
Education: A Master’s Degree in laws (cand.jur. or cand.merc.jur. or international equivalent).
Work experience: A minimum of four years of post-graduate professional experience working as a lawyer in a leading law firm, pension fund, private equity firm, investment fund management company or other in-house legal position in a large international corporation within the financial industry or energy sector.
Legal specialization: Solid knowledge of laws and regulations related to corporate and commercial law and, preferable, either M&A transactions, financing and/or real estate law from an international environment involving multiple jurisdictions. Experience with drafting and negotiating complex agreements in a prompt and a precise manner.
Business acumen: A strong business acumen that enables you to make clever legal choices and prioritizations, and a strong sense of driving for results and project progress.
Language skills: Fluency in both verbal and written (legal) English is a requirement. It is an advantage but not a requirement to also command the Danish language.
Pro-active: Proactive with a natural inclination to take initiative and drive a process in a dynamic investment environment.
Work style: Ability to work independently and focused on delivering the best possible legal and commercial results into commercial functions and project teams with a hands-on and can-do approach. Comfortable with taking on assignments outside area(s) of expertise.
Analytical & problem solving: Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details.
Stakeholder management: Strong stakeholder management skills and experience with working with all levels of an organization, including management.
Responsible: Responsible and capable of setting priorities and juggling multiple demands while maintaining the overview. Good at finding practical solutions.
Communication: Clear communicator with the ability to keep things simple by finding the right balance between important details and clear communication.
Collaboration: Team-oriented mindset and a strong sense of collaborative efforts and pulling as a team.
Working at CIP
When joining CIP, you will become part of a highly international, fast growing, and successful enterprise with a leading international position in developing and managing energy infrastructure assets within offshore wind, onshore wind, offshore power transmission, biomass, waste to energy and solar PV. CIP offers you a dynamic work environment close to management where you will join a strong legal team of skilled colleagues working closely together from modern offices in the center of Copenhagen. CIP offers a competitive compensation package with various benefits, including pension and bonus arrangements, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
CIP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. CIP strives for the best results. A diverse workforce allows CIP to achieve these results through different approaches and solutions to task execution and problem solving.
Application & contact
If you recognise the profile we are looking for in yourself and find this opportunity attractive please apply here and include a resume and other relevant documentation. To hear more about the position, contact Christina Schmidt from RESOLVA on tel: 30103918