RESOLVA is asssisting ISS with the recruitment of a senior Compliance and GDPR lawyer to join the Group Data Protection and Compliance Team (being part of the Group Legal Team) as Legal Director.
In the role as Legal Director, your overall responsibility will be to ensure legal compliance with up-to-date and best-in-class policies and processes throughout Europe, APAC and Americas in cooperation with ISS’ legal and compliance specialists in other jurisdictions.
ISS aims to become a technology leader within its space and make technology, data and insights a clear competitive advantage and driver of future offerings. In a compliance context, this means that ISS is focused on optimising compliance efforts through digital solutions, using the most advanced sanctions screening tools and other compliance tech solutions in the market.
The role as Legal Director in the Group Data Protection and Compliance Team is globally focused, and you will be working closely with several key stakeholders in the ISS Group, including in particular stakeholders in Group People & Culture, Group Information Technology and Digital Services and Group Supply Chain & Procurement as well as other legal and compliance specialist colleagues across the countries where ISS operates.
You will be working from the modern offices at ISS Head Office in Søborg. The role requires occasional travelling, primarily to the ISS offices in Warsaw.
In the role as Legal Director, you will play an essential role in driving the legal compliance efforts in ISS.
Your main responsibilities will the following:
- Preparing and further developing and implementing policies and standards to drive and support the compliance culture and ensuring awareness and e-learning to support the implementation of the Group Legal Policies and Standards (including the ISS Code of Conduct and the Competition Law, Anti-Bribery, Sanctions and SpeakUp Policies) throughout the organisation.
- Monitoring new legislation and changes to the application thereof and ensuring adequate implementation at group level.
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in the legal compliance industry.
- Proactively identifying potential compliance issues and providing support and advice in addressing and solving such issues to ensure compliance.
- Securing that the ISS Sanctions Policy and Standard is in compliance with global sanction laws and regulations. Through participation in the Group Data Protection Team, undertaking various tasks related to data protection and privacy, including negotiating data processing agreements, handling data breaches and performing risk assessments.
- Participating in the Group Data Protection Forum and Group Compliance Forum with participants from all ISS countries.
- Developing and undertaking training sessions on data protection, code of conduct, competition law and anti-bribery.
- Building, managing and maintaining effective relationships with key internal stakeholders through effective influence.
- Generally, advising on and responding to ad-hoc requests and queries from various stakeholders across the different business units regarding a wide range of legal compliance matters, including data protection and privacy law, competition law, sanctions, ethics, anti-money laundering and anti-bribery.
Education. You are a qualified lawyer (cand.jur. or cand.merc.jur.) with minimum 5 years of professional experience with compliance and data protection from a group function in a larger global company and/or a law firm.
Legal compliance: You have experience with legal compliance within one or more relevant areas, such as data protection and privacy law, competition law, ethics, sanctions, anti-bribery regulations. Experience with OneTrust, sanction screening tools or other legal and compliance tech solutions, is an advantage.
International outlook: You have an international outlook and experience from working in an international environment.
Language skills: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
Stakeholder management: With an open and service-minded attitude, you are able to build and maintain working relationships at all levels in the organisation as well as externally, and you have the confidence to work with senior management across the business. You have the ability to balance the requirements of different stakeholders and are comfortable with flagging and challenging processes and decisions that impose regulatory compliance risks.
Organisational skills: You are thorough and structured in your work style and have a strong focus on organising and operationalising legal compliance with the aim of improving results and reporting.
Drive: You have a good sense of driving for results and project progress and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
Business acumen: You have a strong business understanding and are able to assimilate information quickly, which enable you to make clever legal choices and prioritisations.
Team player and cooperation: You are a team player with a good sense of humor. While demonstrating humility and mutual respect to individuals at all levels, you have the ability to take ownership and lead a process.
Communication: You are a strong communicator who can present complex legal and regulatory matters to a wide variety of stakeholders in a clear and concise manner. You bring with you a sound judgement and well-developed influencing skills.
Work style: As an agile individual with a can-do approach who wants to learn and grow personally and professionally, you have a high work capacity and morale and a willingness to be very hands on when needed. You have a high level of integrity with character consistent with the ISS values of Unity, Honesty, Responsibility, Entrepreneurship and Quality.
Terms of employment
If you recognise the profile we are looking for in yourself and find this opportunity attractive please submit your application with CV by clicking the button below or call Christina Schmidt at RESOLVA on tel: +45 30103918 to hear more about the position.
We will be conducting interviews as applications come in on a continuing basis, so please send your application as early as possible.